Hänel Rotomat® Industrial Vertical Carousels quickly deliver stored parts to operators at the optimum ergonomic height…without time-consuming walking, searching, ladder-climbing or bending.
The compact units utilize available room height and create as much as 70% added storage capacity compared to mini-load and rack storage.
The units are ideal for improving tool, component and product storage/retrieval for device manufacturing and assembly, warehousing and distribution.
- Multifunctional carrier options include varied front edges and walls along with accessories such as shelves, drawers, dividers and bins
- LED displays in the work counter guide operators for fast, error-free storage and retrieval
- Safety light curtain ensures operator safety
- Vertical Carousels can link multiple floors and access points.
- Load bearing capacity up to: 1,653 lbs./carrier or 30,865 lbs.
- Model options include: — Anti-static coatings to electronic components in ESD-protected environments, Environmentally controlled units protect stored items from humidity, corrosion, contaminants and temperature fluctuations
- Microprocessor controls integrated into each Rotomat® backed by advanced storage management software
It’s Gotta Be Robust & Reliable
Built to Last – Redundant Drive System
Dual Motor Design
Almost all Hänel Rotomat® industrial carousels are powered by two 400-V three-phase motors. Pole-switching
three-phase motors are used as standard, enabling gentle but powerful acceleration and braking even under different load conditions. This guarantees less wear and quieter running.
This ensures optimal freedom of movement in front of the carousel.
The right and left drive motors are controlled synchronously.
The simultaneous acceleration and braking of the two drives means that the multifunction carriers are moved without distortion.
The twin motor design also ensures optimal balance if the load on the carrier is distributed unevenly.
It’s Gotta be Strong & Fast
The Hänel Rotomat® Industrial Vertical Carousel is the ONLY manufacturer that uses dual HD suspension arms that offer stable carrier suspension on 4-point sliding carriage principle.
The Hänel Rotomat® carrier suspension is designed according to the sliding carriage principle so that the carriers are suspended from 4 levers on 4 rollers on left and right.
Suspension from 4 levers means that transverse forces are safely absorbed, reducing wear substantially and making running quieter.
High Speed Through-Put
Hänel has once again pushed the physical boundaries and substantially increased the drive speed of the Rotomat®. The speed of rotation has been improved by up to 70%, (application dependent) consequently reducing dwell time by up to 40%!
It’s Gotta Be Flexible
Adaptable and versatile Hänel Multifunction Carriers
No two Hänel Rotomats® are the same, because each task demands a precisely defined solution
We provide customized interior fittings, tailored to the individual demands of production systems and storage logistics. The mechanical parts and carrier sets are configured according to the size and weight of the storage goods. It’s this flexibility that makes the Hänel Rotomat® so cost-effective.
- Hänel multifunction carriers are absolutely stable and distortion free.
- Variable fittings can be altered at a later date.
- Compartment dividers, bins,drawers or loose goods – the possibilities are endless.
- Long lifecycle and high loadbearing capacity up to 750 kg per carrier, depending on the model.
Hänel also offers customized special-purpose holders for SMD reels, cable drums, printing rollers, rods and tubes.
It’s Gotta Be Secure
Controlled Access: Secure Parts Management
Compartment doors that are closed manually or automatically guarantee error-free retrieval and protect the stored articles from unauthorized access.
All booking operations can then be traced to a specific user.
All pick and put operations are logged, which makes later verification and tracking easy.
Continuous inventory control means that shortages in the supply of materials can be avoided.
Protection of Inventory:
The closed storage system protects your stock from unauthorized access.
It’s Gotta be Smart
• Hardware and software are integrated in the lift, no additional PC or monitor required
• No complex software installation on PC
• Direct integration into the corporate network via Ethernet link
• Data can be retrieved from the MP 100 D and MP 12 N–S simply by using the browser – continuous transparency in the store-room guaranteed.
• No additional communication software needed
• Standard serial and/or USB ports for peripheral components
• Customized expansion possible with versatile supplementary modules
• Operate a single module or up to 99 with complete control
• Inventory accuracies of 99.9%
Pick the way you like – Order & stocking functions that work for you!
Pick to menu, light, voice, scanners, transponders, badge readers, camera, RFID, scales and weigh count… just about any way you operate, whatever works for you, works with a minimum of interface and a maximum of accuracy.
Result: High Speed Productivity that makes for fast, secure and accurate transactions.
It’s Gotta be Energy Efficient
Intelligent Energy Management: Hänel EcoMode®
All systems that consume energy even when at standstill are closed down by the control system in 4 EcoMode® levels (energy-saving levels). This reduces the energy intake of the Hänel storage systems to a minimum when they are not being used.
With the Hänel EcoMode®, a vertical carousel that remains at standstill for long periods without being operated can be switched automatically to different levels of standby mode at freely configurable time intervals.
Hänel EcoLoad®: Continuous monitoring of the load situation in the Rotomat® and adherence to the storage recommendations ensures that an even load distribution is achieved. This means only minimal energy is needed to start the storage carousel rotating. The vertical carousel principle of the Hänel Rotomat® is energy efficient in its very design. Using the Hänel EcoLoad® system makes sure the weight distribution inside the Rotomats® is balanced out. As a result of this, very little energy is required for a rotation or travel movement. And of course the unit always picks the shortest route automatically.